Zen Counseling is a simple yet powerful & effective form of counseling based on the fundamental principal of Zen Buddhism.
The origin of Zen Counseling
Mr. Kenichi Ishimaru created Zen Counseling in the year 2000 in Japan.
“Zen Counseling is based on the concept of Zen.Kenichi Ishimaru
Westerners often ask me what is Zen.
My answer is very simple.
If it is simple, it is Zen.
If it is complicated, it is not Zen.
Our mind is full of junk thoughts.
So, it is not Zen.
LOVE is simple.
Love or non-love.
So, love is Zen.
Zen is Love and any truth itself.”
About Zen Counseling
Zen Counseling is the simplest counseling method created based on the Buddhism concept that everyone is already a Buddha. It was born from a simple question “If everyone is already a Buddha and your client is also a Buddha, then what is the role of counseling? What is the role of the counselor?”
Zen Counseling helps open up the clients’ capacity to heal themselves and to solve their problems by coming in contact with their Inner Wisdom, without giving any advice.
Difference between Zen Counseling and other Counseling methods?
The fundamental difference between Zen Counseling & Western Counseling is that the Zen Counselor will never give an advice but will help you to find your own answer. Another major difference is that Zen Counselor will not relate to you as a patient, but as a Buddha (Awakened One), who is struggling to find an answer to a problem or issue.
Zen Counselor believes that when you have a problem, you also have a solution hidden deep inside you. So, no one else’s advice will work for you; you must find your own solution and Zen Counselor will help you find it.
About Kenichi Ishimaru
Kenichi Ishimaru, the creator of Zen Counseling was born in Japan in 1951. He started creating Zen Counseling in the year 1995 while teaching Kinesiology – The Science of Satori. Being a Graduate of Literature in Philosophy from Kyoto University, he was also a Faculty of the International Kinesiology College in Japan. He is the President of Japan Kinesiology Institute. Kenichi has been teaching Zen Counseling in Japan and other Asian countries including India, China as well as Western countries including Germany, Switzerland, Russia and the United States.
- Master Trainer & Creator of Zen Counseling
- President, International Zen Counseling Association, Japan
- Founder & Creator of Zen Counseling
- Founder of Japan Kinesiology General Institute, Tokyo
- Professor of Face Reading in Japan
Zen Counselor Training
Zen Counselor Training is organized across the world by the International Zen Counseling Association Japan. In India, the training is organized by the Loving Foundation, a Charitable Institute for Personal Growth & Holistic Community Meditation Center run by Dr. Ronak Gandhi, who is a Medical Doctor, a Zen Counselor, a TEDx Speaker and also a 4th Black Belt in Kyudo – Japanese Zen Archery.
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Zen Counselor
- Zen Counseling is effective in all kinds of problems like anxiety, depression, mental disorders, health problems, studies or relationship issue, financial or even spiritual issues.
- Zen Counseling Training can help you find solutions to your own problems. You can help your friends, family, business team or anybody to find answers to their problems.
- You can start your Zen Counseling practice after getting a Practitioner’s Certificate with your name listed on the official website of Zen Counseling.
- Zen Counseling Training can be an additional tool to your existing teaching of yoga, meditation or any other discipline.
- Zen Counseling helps create a better world with happy people looking inside for solution to their problems.
Related Blog Posts
This is a famous zen poem and has been one of my favourites for the many years that I have been studying zen. I really thought I had penetrated to the core of this poem. But that was not true and I realized the true meaning of this poem in the Zen Counselling course I … Continue reading Zen Counseling Training
I would define counseling as a process in which one human being helps another to solve a personal problem or discover a direction to solve a troublesome issue. There are many kinds of specialized counseling – relationship counseling, career counseling, psychological counseling, parent-child counseling, teenage counseling, and so on. In all counseling, it is assumed … Continue reading What is Zen Counseling?